© Frederic Deval

Cour Mably

Cour Mably - Salle Capitulaire
3 Rue Mably

As a municipal cultural space, the chapter house and courtyard Mably host temporary exhibitions (thematic exhibitions, paintings, sculptures, photographs, drawings…) and cultural events of all kinds (concerts, conferences and artistic events).

Built in 1684 by King Pierre Duplessy-Michel’s engineer on the remains of the church and the Jacobin convent, the Notre-Dame church and its Dominican monastery complex experienced the torments of the 1789 Revolution before being successively occupied by revolutionary clubs, military handling and then the municipal library.
The site, rehabilitated in 1994 by the Brochet-Lajus-Pueyo agency, is today the headquarters of the Regional Chamber of Auditors, but the former chapter house and the Mably courtyard, named after Gabriel Bonnot de Mably, an 18th century philosopher, regularly open their doors to beautiful cultural events.